Coldwater offers a complete line of Headbox Sheets including Lexan Polycarbonate, Polymer Blend and Graphite. We also offer Lexan Wipes for extended nip presses.
Headbox Sheet Options
Lexan (polycarbonate) Sheets
- Most popular material
- Lowest Cost
- Available for all headbox types
- Excellent choice for many paper & board grade machines
- Typical life: 6 to 12 months
Option for Teflon Coated Lexan Sheets
- Reduces stock build-up on sheets
- Minimizes maintenance and handling required for cleaning sheets
Polymer Blend Sheets
- Newest material
- Operating life and cost that are between Lexan and Graphite
- Good chemical resistance (can withstand caustic boil-outs)
- Typical life: 2 to 3 years
Graphite (carbon fiber) Sheets
- Most durable, longest life sheet
- Good chemical resistance; can remain in headbox for boil-outs
- Excellent stiffness and dimensional stability
- Preferred option for high speed tissue machines
- Typical life: 5 to 10 years
Lexan Wipes for Extended Nip Presses
Lexan Sheets for Converflo Headboxes
- Proven manufacturing and process experience.
- Professional craftsmen.
- Meets or exceeds all OEM specifications.
Available for all generations of nozzle design including:
- Simple Bead Holders
- Curved Hinge Holders
- ‘Dog Bone’ Holders
- C-4 holders
- Thickness from 1 to 3 mm (.040″ to .120″)
- Standard, Scalloped, or Tapered edge profiles
Lexan® is a registered trademark of GE.
Converflo® is a registered trademark of Beloit.